Our Commitment to Clients
We work with our clients to blend affordable services with environmental and energy goals to create high performance projects.
Whether a project is striving for LEED certification or has independent sustainability goals, Yates Construction has the ability to meet our client’s expectations. We maintain a large staff of LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED AP). Every project pursuing certification under a LEED rating system is supported with a LEED AP.
One of our primary responsibilities is to provide efficient facilities using sustainable building practices and materials. This applies beyond construction projects to supporting activities and company assets. Our Sustainability Policy is part of our triple bottom line philosophy which encompasses people, planet, and profit. The following initiatives are implemented throughout Yates Construction:
- Promote education and professional development by encouraging employees to pursue LEED accreditation in the form of LEED AP or Green Associate. Incentives are put in place for all successful participants.
- Measure the company’s carbon footprint through an annual survey. The results are used to measure the carbon footprint of the company and progress on sustainable goals.
- Set yearly reduction targets for company’s carbon footprint.
- Reduce construction waste and increase recycling on construction projects by implementing a Construction Waste Management Plan. Strategies include on-site or off-site sorting.
- Implement programs to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
- Partner with local community organizations to increase awareness of environmental issues.
- Use purchasing strategies that put preferences on locally manufactured office supplies and construction materials.
- Employ a Director of Sustainability whose task is to create, direct and support the implementation of the programs and strategies listed in this policy throughout the company.